Friday, January 21, 2011

Throughout this whole pregnancy I have been asking God to give me a verse that would help me get through everything.  Mainly the delivery because my past deliveries were, well, very painful.  I kept searching, but only found very generic, not meaningful-at-all verses.  Thursday night, I started having contractions.  I've had some braxton hicks contractions for the last few weeks, but these were actually painful.  I sort of panicked at the thought of how much pain I was in for, but then they slowed down and stopped.  The next day I opened up the Max Lucado newsletter that I get once a week.  Honestly, for the last few months I have just been deleting them because I haven't had the time to commit to reading them, but for some reason I decided to read this one.  Now I know why.  Through this, God gave me the verse I have been praying for. 

When you pass through waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.  For I am the Lord your God.   Isaiah 43:2-3

Not only was the verse what I have been searching for, but the entire newsletter contained very meaningful and applicable information.  Here are a few excerpts from the newsletter.

"We live beneath the protective palm of a sovereign King who superintends every circumstance of our lives and delights in doing us good."  This part reminds me that no matter how much pain there is to bring him here, we will have a wonderful baby boy to love in the end.

"God's ways are always right.  They may not make sense to us.  They may be mysterious, inexplicable, difficult, and even painful.  But they are right." 

"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me.  Yet I want your will, not mine.  Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him."  Luke 22:42-43  If the glory of God outranks the comfort of Christ, who am I to ask for more?

Thank you, Father, for giving me exactly what I need, exactly when I need it.

2 comments:

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

Amen!

erindinkel said...

Powerful! So glad you found that to comfort you while you await Little Guy's arrival. I remember moments of sheer panic thinking going through labor again, but then as quickly as that fear came, I remember vividly God's calm presence over me telling me that I am a woman and He designed my body for this beautiful (yet VERY painful) experience. You are being prayed for and God will never forsake you. Can't wait to see this precious bundle that you have endured so much to have =)