Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Staying present in pregnancy...

...is easy when you are hanging over the toilet because that's all you can think about.  And it's not difficult when your belly starts growing because you're so excited that your baby is developing.  But when you are in the last weeks of pregnancy, it is oh-so-hard not to wake up every morning wondering if today will be the day when you get to meet your new, little bundle of joy.  To not spend every moment wondering what the delivery will be like, what he will look like, how much you will love him.  I know that some anticipation is good, but lately I have been consumed by it, barely able to function or think about anything else.  So today, I pledge to be present for the rest of my pregnancy.  To waddle every where I go.  To go to the bathroom at least five times a night.  And to enjoy every last kick and hiccup that only I get to feel for now.  Because this is probably the last time I will get to do all those things and I want to know that I enjoyed it to the fullest instead of missing out because I was anticipating whatever comes next.