Saturday, January 7, 2012

Resolve

As the new year comes and everyone is making New Year's resolutions, I have realized that there are many things that I would like to do this year, but few things that I am actually "resolved" to do. 

Here are some things I would like to do:

Eat better - less snack food and more salads and broccoli.
Exercise more - or just exercise:)  I still have lots of baby weight I would love to lose.
Go to the beach - I have been hinting shouting at my husband that for one of our vacations this year I would like to go to a resort on the beach.
Start jogging again - I have discovered that I love to jog outside, but despise it inside on the treadmill.

Here are the things I am resolved to do :

Read my Bible everyday - I downloaded the YouVersion app on my phone and have been keeping up with this so far.
Do my Bible study 5 times a week.
Cherish every moment with my kids - even Precious and Sissy when the moments I have with them are increasingly more emotional and awkward(that's a whole other story).

I figure if I write theses things down, I will be more likely to follow through.  So feel free to hold me accountable (on the things I'm resolved to do anyway). 

3 comments:

erindinkel said...

I too have "resolved" to read the Bible daily on YouVersion. It is so easy and convenient that there is NO excuse not to do it. I have a "goal" of running a 1/2 marathon in October...but would love a jogging buddy. Maybe we could meet up from time to time to jog together! Best wishes in this New Year =)

Sami said...

Erin-I am totally out of shape now, but when it warms up and I get back into shape, I would love to have a jogging partner. I have a neighbor who wants to get back into jogging too. Maybe we could get a group together? FYI-I am/never have been 1/2 marathon material though:)

erindinkel said...

I ran a 5K in October, but needed new shoes (got them at Christmas!) I loathe the treadmill so I am waiting to start running again this spring. I've never ran a 1/2 so I may collapse and die at the end, but it's a goal...we'll see! And yes, a jogging "support" group would be awesome ;-)