Monday, January 30, 2012

The Resolution for Women - Overflowing Blessing

"The contented woman, when required to give of her time, her love, her resources...herself...is secure in the knowledge that she possesses enough to do it.  And she looks forward to experiencing the promise of an outlandish return on her investment."--Priscilla Shirer

When I hear the sermon on God returning your giving in abundance, my mind automatically turns to finances.  Which, is part of it, but what I need work on right now is energy and love.

I have always struggled with low energy levels.  It has sort of turned into this cycle.  I'm tired so I covet sleep.  I have this fear that tomorrow I'm not going to have enough energy, so I try to store it up today.  Like somehow the nap I had today will sustain me tomorrow when there is no time for that.  But I end up having no energy today and no energy tomorrow.  Since my post on trusting that God would give me the energy I needed to get through the day, I have learned that giving my energy to BubbaJ or my girls or my husband produces much better results than taking a nap.  God looks at that as serving Him and in return provides me with more energy. 

Also, I rely way too much on my husband to fill my "love bank."  He will never be perfect, he will never love me enough, and he will never fill me up.  When I don't feel loved, I tend to pout or feel sorry for myself.  Which then turns into me not wanting to do anything for anyone because "they don't love me like they should."  If I would simply rely on God to fill me up, I would have all the love I need and so much more to share with my family and friends. 

"It appears that the best way to get more of what you need is to give away the little you think you have left--at the appropriate time and in the appropriate way.  Yes, the best way to be surprisingly satisfied is to be irrationally released to respond to God's promptings to serve, even when doing so seems impossible because of your perceived lack." - Priscilla Shirer

No comments: