Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Raising Pharisees

I recently got connected with the blog Raising Godly Children.  It is a wonderful Christian blog that has the same core beliefs that I do.  One of the articles I read the other day really hit home for me.  Bubba and I have worked really hard at disciplining our children.  Obedience and self-discipline are important concepts in scripture.  But after I read that article I was reminded that they are secondary to the love of Jesus Christ.  We don't want to raise well-behaved children and miss out on teaching them the love that our Father has for us.  Since their example of His love for them is our love for them, I want them to feel that unconditional, always present love from me that I feel from Jesus every day.  I don't want them to grow up and think they have to can earn their salvation.  Yes, I tell them all the time that I love them no matter what, but I just want to make sure that my actions are saying that to them as well. 

No comments: