Sunday, September 11, 2011

It has always been hard for me to put into words the peace I feel about sending my kids to public school.  I knwo that's what God's plan is for my family, but trying to explain it to someone else has always eluded me.  My friend sent her first child to kindergarten this year and posted this on her blog.  It happened to be the entry in the book she was reading for a few days before her daughter's first day at school.  It put into words the feelings that I have about letting go of my kids so that they can become better people.  It is from the Jesus Calling book by Sarah Young.

"Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let your loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one - as well as yourself."

"When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch and see what I will do."

Father, As I cling to you for comfort and peace, please use every experience my kids have for your glory.  Shower them with all the blessings that only you can give.  Show our family your overwhelming, magnificent glory and grace.  Amen.

2 comments:

erindinkel said...

AMEN! I love that...thanks for sharing.

Janae said...

I love this Sami! Thanks for the sharing-what an encouragement!