Wednesday, September 21, 2011

He Speaks

When I was a young Christian it was hard for me to understand how God could actually speak to us.  I sort of thought people who said that were a little crazy.  As my relationship with God has grown and strengthened, He has given me the privelege of hearing Him speak more and more.  Sometimes it is an ever-so-slight nudge, but yesterday I felt like He was scolding, almost yelling, at me. 

I know that the Bible says not to worry about anything. 

Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"

Matthew 6:27  "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

But why is it that I seem to give myself a pass when it comes to my kids?  Because, after all, what good mother wouldn't worry about her kids?  Precious has been having a little girlfriend drama going on at school and it put me into a worry talespin.  I spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure out how to fix her problem.  And that's when God started yelling.  I have to learn to trust Him with my kids.  Just think how many lessons I would keep them from having by trying to fix everything for them.  We all want our kids to grow up to be good people.  Did you ever stop and think about how that will happen?  How did you learn your life's most important lessons?  God knows we learn so much better through experiences.  I can think of many times in my life when God has allowed me to go through a valley in order to learn a lesson and come out on the other side a better person.  I want my girls to be better people.  So I stopped worrying, got down on my knees, and turned Precious' situation over to Him.  Even if that meant she had to walk through a valley with only God by her side.  I also want Precious to know that she is smart enough and kind enough to handle these situations without me.  I'll still keep a good line of communication open with her though.  Just in case she needs her momma for something.

P.S.  Turns out the situation pretty much resolved itself while she was at school.  I was worrying about it when it wasn't even an issue anymore.

1 comment:

erin said...

You are so right! I need to remember this. Praying with our children and for our children is the best answer. Thank you for sharing.