Thursday, August 20, 2009

SURPRISE!

Two very special things happened on my birthday this year.

1. Porsha came home from school and said she had something in her backpack for me for my birthday. A "gift" for Mom, not prompted by Dad or teacher or anyone. It was so rewarding for her to think of me on my birthday all by herself. She brought home a book from the library that she thought we could read together to celebrate my birthday. There's no greater gift than that.

2. When Daddy asked Alexa what she wanted to do for Mom's birthday she said, "Yell SURPRISE!" So when I walked into the room that afternoon, they all yelled SURPRISE and gave me my birthday cards and gift.

Thanks to my husband and kids for a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm glad to hear you had a very happy birthday! What a wonderful family you have.