Friday, August 14, 2009

First Day Gitters?

For me, not her. Precious started kindergarten yesterday. After meeting her teacher on Tuesday, she was so excited to go to school. The whole family loaded up to drop her off. Daddy took her into the school and she was off (Mom couldn't quite deal with letting go of her little girl in front of the rest of the school). I spent the whole day wondering what she was doing, if she was having fun, what she was having for lunch, etc., etc. The only thing I didn't worry about is if she was doing okay because I know what a wonderful person she has turned out to be. I know she makes friends easily, listens to her teachers, and enjoys learning new things. When we picked her up, she went on and on about playing in the gym, reading books, coloring, eating soft tacos for lunch. She didn't like the fruit, but she ate it anyway(that's my girl:) And she was even more excited to go back the next day. Except, she threw up last night and has been running a fever ever since. I had to call her in sick on her second day of school:( She's doing pretty good, but I feel so awful for her. Now she has to wait until Monday to do all those fun things again.








Lord, Please be with Precious as she has all these new experiences. Guide her in your ways when I can't be there to help her. Give her the confidence to make new friends and stick up for them when need be. Protect her from anything that she's not ready to handle yet. Grant me the strength and knowledge to deal with any problems she has along the way. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

erin said...

Precious is a beautiful little girl, and you're right, she will do great in school. She has your guidance and our good Lord's protection :).

Nellie said...

She truly is Precious!! It's so sad she got sick! Hope she feels better soon!