Thursday, August 18, 2016

How are you doing? (insert concerned look)

Today has been a weird day.  I'm not sure how to feel about it.  Should I be embarrassed because I'm bawling my eyes out or should I feel guilty because I'm not?  My baby started kindergarten today and I have no idea how I'm doing.  Everyone keeps asking me that.  I truly don't know.  He's ready and I suppose I'm ready.  It's a new season in his life and mine. One that I look forward to, but it's hard to not look back on this day.  To the last 5 years of taking care of him.  Feeding him, changing him, playing with him.  Did I use the time wisely?  Did I hold him enough?  Did I hold him too much?  Did I teach him the right things?  So many questions that could tear me to pieces.  Today I'm choosing not to think about those.  To only look forward.  There's so much joy in watching your kids learn new things at school.  In the next few years he will grow so much.  We will have Thanksgiving break and Christmas break and I look forward to the amazing summers we will have together.  I'll get to pick him up from school and hear about the super awesome things he got to do that day.  And it will be great!  This song popped up in my memories from Facebook.



 It has a whole different meaning today than it did 5 years ago when I posted it, but I choose to still embrace it and allow God to use me in whatever he calls me to do today. Anticipating all the ways God will use me and Devin in this new stage.


No comments: