Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dear Precious,

Last night we went out for ice cream.  Just the two of us.  No BubbaJ to distract me and no Sissy to compete for attention with.  At first we didn't talk about much.  What's going on at school.  How much fun Christmas break has been.  But then something happened.  You knew I was listening or I asked just the right questions.  Whatever the reason, you started to talk to me.  I mean REALLY talk to me.  About important stuff.  Your feelings about getting older, how you miss some of your friends because they aren't in your class this year, and things so personal I can't talk about them here.  I need you to know how special that time was for me.  I know I don't have time for that often enough.  I wish you would always talk to me like that.  Even when you're a teenager and think you already know everything or when you're grown and you really do know some stuff.  I thank God for last night and I pray that He has many more of those times in store for us.

I love you!
Mom

No comments: