Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Conversations with God

I was going to title the post "Prayer" but "Conversations with God" seemed much more appropriate.  When my kids pray it's like they're simply talking to God.  They aren't just thanking Him or asking Him for something.  Most of the time they're just telling Him what they're feeling.  I think this is what "being in constant communion with God" looks like.  A never ending conversation with God.

Sissy prayed for her friend that passed away as we were on our way to school this morning.  I wish I could remember the exact words so I could put them here but I'll do the best I can.  I shortened her friends name to "M."

Dear God,

I hope that M is having fun in heaven with you.  I wish you could let her come back for a while, but I know you can't.  I hope M wasn't in pain when she died.  I wish my guinea pig didn't have to die, but I know he's having fun in heaven. 

(Then she continued with her usual morning prayer and this part is exact.)

Help Precious and I to have fun at school today.  Help Daddy to have fun at work.  Help Mommy and BubbaJ to have fun at home.  Amen.

No comments: