Monday, October 29, 2012

Worry

I had a hard time with the teachers my kids got this year.  Last year when they sent home the form to request a teacher, we thought about it very hard, but decided that God had our kids' best interests in mind and that He would take care of it.  Now, it's one thing to do that and another to truly let God have control.  It sort of overtook me around the time school started.  I am always a bit emotional at that time anyways because I miss my kids so much. It's almost a time of mourning for me when they go back to school.  I mourn the time I had with them during the summer that will soon be spent in school.  This year was even harder because I was not comfortable with the teachers they got. 

After the first few weeks, I knew that God was right.  Big surprise, huh?  You mean God knew what he was doing?!  Why does that continue to shock me?  Precious' teacher was structured and strict, but at the same time caring and approachable.  Exactly what she needs.  Then, I was able to get to know her teacher even better because she went to our church's women's retreat.  That was really cool.  There is something super comforting about knowing you are sending your child to a Christian every day.

Precious struggled with her AR goal accuracy last 9 weeks.  It literally came down to one book to decide if she would make her goal or not.  Her teacher told me that she stood over her and prayed for her as she took the test.  I love that she is praying for my child during the day when I can't be there.  She'll never know how much that meant to me.

Last weekend, we went to see some friends and family out of town.  Well, some of our close friends know Precious' teacher from their church.  Cool.  Then my sister-in-law spoke up and said that Precious' teacher was her first grade teacher.  CRAZY!  Precious talked to her about it at school today and she said that my sister-in-law was her first class to teacher, ever!  God has a way of speaking to me.  It's His you-can't-deny-this-because-it's-just-to-crazy way of getting through to a stubborn woman.

Let this be a lesson to me.  God is sovereign and amazing and I could never create a plan for my kids that is better than the one He has chosen for them.

2 comments:

erin said...

Oh man, that is amazing that her teacher prayed over her during the AR test. I teared up! What special teachers.

Sami said...

Erin, they are SO special! I tear up every time I think about it.