Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shower

Here are some pictures from the shower that my awesome friends threw for Baby Bubba and me. 



Here's a little back story so you will be in on the joke.  When my friend had her baby, she decided to use cloth diapers.  I know crazy!  Then, my other friend thought she would try them and ended up loving them.  Apparently the insanity was contagious and another friend that is due soon is using them too.  Two of them had cloth diaper-themed showers.  So I jokingly told the girls that I wanted an anti-cloth diaper shower.  Fast-forward to the shower where they made tiny picket signs.  Sorry the picture didn't turn out the best.



One of them gave me a diaper cake and put a sign on top as the center piece.  Down With Cloth Diapers!



I love that they can share in my sense of humor and not be hurt that I call them crazy.  The truth is I admire them for being so dedicated.  Not enough to join the madness though.  My sister even made the trip, despite the threat of bad weather, to be there for the shower.



I had a great time at the shower.  There's just something about a group of women getting together to celebrate one of the greatest blessings God can give. 

3 comments:

erindinkel said...

Love it! I told my mom about the theme and she laughed...too cute!

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

Wahoo for baby Bubba! I loved your anti-cloth theme even if I am one of the crazy cloth mommas! ;)

erin said...

I loved celebrating sweet baby boy with you! And I love your sense of humor, too. You make me laugh out loud.