Friday, March 13, 2009

Love Dare Day 16

Well, as some of you know, I'm doing the Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. Today was one of those epiphany days. The book started out by saying, "You are to nurture the soil of your mates heart and then depend on God for the results." That makes sense and I had already learned that from reading the Love and Respect book. It went on to say, "Have you ever wondered why God gives you overwhelming insight into your spouse's hidden faults? Do you really think it's for endless nagging? No, it is for effective kneeling." That's the epiphany part. I hated the fact that I saw my mates faults and I never considered why I could see them. It finished by saying, "So turn your complaints into prayers and watch the Master work while you keep your hands clean."

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
3 John 2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to focus on Jackie’s flaws also. Then it dawned on me that I excel in the areas that he does not for a reason. I am a wiz with a budget, but I cannot really make any money. I can manage it, but I cannot earn it. I am worth a third of what Jackie makes, but I am even worse at actually keeping a job. Everything is more important to me than going to work. Nothing is more important to Jackie than going to work. I also cannot read instructions or actually fix anything that is broken, and Jackie can fix anything, research the problem on the Internet, print off instruction manuals, etc. I can get dinner on the table by five sharp every night, night after night, while carrying two kids. Jackie’s head would explode. I could go on, but you get the point. The lesson in this is one I learned at MOPS: we complete each other. If each of us could do everything, the other would be unnecessary.

Anyway, I enjoyed the post. You should do more on this subject.

erin said...

I enjoyed this post as well. Such a great way to look at marriage.

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! It really blessed me today. :)

Randa said...

Hey Sami! Great post on the love dare! I'm so glad you have a blog!! I put it on my blog list so I can stay updated...I love the blogs!

Check out our blog at www.willsoncrew.blogspot.com.

Randa