Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cute or Scary?

A few days ago we had the much-awaited Daniel play date. He's Precious Princess's "boyfriend" who she says she's going to marry when she grows up. All three of them, Daniel, Precious, and Sissy, had a good time. At one point, they were playing in the garage, so I went to check on them. Daniel and Precious were slow-dancing. You know like you did in junior high (4 feet apart). It was so cute, I think. After we took Daniel home, I asked the girls what they did. Precious said that they played prince and princess and Sissy was the sister princess. I'm not sure if I still think it's cute or if it's starting to get scary. The girls went to Daniel's house today. This morning Precious picked out her shirt and said, "I want this one because I think Daniel will like it." What! My little girl is already concerned with what boys think of her. How do I stop this madness?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a mother of boys, and being married to one also, let me assure you that said boy will probably NEVER notice her shirt.

erin said...

Oh these stories make me laugh. And if Little Missy starts worrying over a boy, I don't know what I'll do.