Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unexpected Things

(1)  I had the stomach flu over the weekend while my entire family was away.  Good because there were no kids to knock on my door every few minutes, but bad because there was no one to bring me 7up and crackers when I needed them.  I know, rookie mom move to not have crackers and 7up during flu season.  So I resorted to asking one of my friends to bring me some.  In my mind, she could quickly run to the store while her hubby watched and kids.  In reality, she was out of town, so her hubby packed up the kids, lugged them into the store, and dropped them off at my house.  Thank God for AMAZING friends!!

(2)  When I got comfortable running 3 miles and my friend asked me what I was going to do next.  Try to get faster or try to run farther?  My answer was neither.  I just wanted to enjoy spending that time with God.  Since then I have just been running my 3 miles a day, but unexpectedly I have gotten faster. 

(3)  Apparently long socks are back in.  They're the Nike ones that I used to wear for basketball when I was a kid.  When I go to the Y after school it is teeming with teenagers.  All of them, even the girls,  have on their workout shorts and tennis shoes with these long socks.   Maybe I should break mine out and join the cool kids:)

(4)  Leaves are dangerous!  One day I was jogging and I saw something scurry in front of me.  I nearly jumped out of my skin and almost twisted my ankle, only to realize that it was just a leaf.  I really hope no one was outside that day to see it.  If so, they got a really good laugh.  The very next day, I was out jogging and it was very windy.  As I'm tooling along a leaf smacks me in the face.  It really hurt.  Darn Kansas wind.

2 comments:

Fox Family said...

I bet you could rock those tall socks!! and that leaf story...gave me a giggle today..just what I needed!

Sami said...

I think I laughed the entire rest of that jog just thinking about if someone had seen me scream and jump around like an idiot.