Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Selfish or Selfless?

There are two types of people in this world.  Selfish and selfless.  Selfish people who care, not only for themselves, but for themselves before anyone else and selfless people who always think of others first.  Which type of person are you?  This question is not answered by what we would say about ourselves when asked, but by how we act each and every day.  Do you hold the door for the mother with six kids coming in the store behind you or do you let the door slam shut in the face of whoever it is traipsing in after you?  Do you wave to the person in the car next to you even though you don't know them because they waved at you or do you snub them thinking to yourself, "I don't know who that is?"  (This one can inadvertently happen to me because I'm in another world sometimes, so if you wave at me and I don't wave back, I didn't see you.)  Do you listen to the friend who just needs someone to talk to or do you avoid them because you know they've had a bad day?  Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.1 John 3:18  Are you selfish or selfless today?  Lady that threw a fit in her car today because I wasn't driving fast enough for you, I think you know the answer to that.  You are forgiven today (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9), but please try harder tomorrow.  I will too.

No comments: