Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thankless Job

As I was making treats for Sissy's preschool class, she comes in and asks me what I'm making.

Me:  Rice krispie treats.

Sissy:  Oh.  I don't like those.

I wanted to scream, "Since when?!!"  I had put a lot of thought into what I was going to make and a decent amount of effort into making them.  Then she informs me that she's not going to like them.  Motherhood is such a thankless job.  I guess I should be used to it by now, but occasionally you dream that someone might just appreciate something you do.  I ended up making jello jigglers to go with them and she loved those.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe!!! She appreciates you... poor thing... I'm sure the kids will LOVE the treats! I'm sure they look and taste great too! Miss ya sister! We need to get together soon!

C.C. said...

You are such a good mom to add the Jello Jigglers to go with the Rice Krispy treats! I am not sure I would have! :) I have always heard that some say they will thank you. (Like when they have kids!) :) So until then: THANK YOU FOR BEING AN AWESOME MOMMY!

erin said...

Well we loved the treats! They were adorable and yummy and quite creative. G and Little Missy are determined we make some of our own.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I loved those treats! You are a GREAT Mommy.

I remember one time Luke wanted me to make a Spiderman cake...so I went to the store and bought a Spider man action figure and baked this chocolate cake that looked like a mountain and put Spider man on the cake with his 4 wheeler type vehicle. I proudly showed it to him and he turned to me and said...I don't like the cake Mom...Spiderman lives in the CITY, not the country! I was crushed. I still hear about that cake only now we laugh about it. LOL.