Thursday, October 20, 2011

No Sleep

Bubba J has not been sleeping well lately.  I know, I know, he's a baby and that's what babies do.  It's easy to say that when you're not smack in the middle of it.  Yesterday, I was talking to a friend about how he is not sleeping and there is no reason for it.  She shared with me how God had worked in her when her kids were babies.  I believe her words were, "There's a reason.  It may not have anything to do with Bubba J, but there's a reason."  When she was going through this she learned that if she was up at night with the kids, God would either give her time the next day for a nap or give her the strength to get through the day.  So last night when Bubba J was up three times, I chose to trust God that he would get me through today.  To my surprise this morning, I woke up at 7:10 to my husband getting the kids ready.  He told me to go back to sleep and he would take the kids to school.  It was such a blessing to me and confirmed that I need to trust God for my strength and comfort.  Both my friend and my husband allowed God to use them in very different ways.  Praise God for Christian friends and a wonderful husband.

1 comment:

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

I love this post. What a good reminder!